Blueprint (Carlos)

Title: The Aftermath

Episode One Liner: In this episode Queens College senior Carlos Montoya discusses the aftermath the pandemic and it’s affect on Queens College’s students.

One Liner for the series: QC senior investigates how the pandemic affected Queens College students in the year after the college reopened.

More info: I’m interested in investigating how the pandemic has affected students and staff at Queens College. To do so, I’m going to interview a counselor for the Queens College counseling center to learn more the trends in how students seek counseling at the college.

Questions:

How many years have you been a counselor at Queens College?

How many students do you see on a daily basis?

How many students did you see after the college reopened.

(If the number of students seeking counselor increased, what do you think led to an increase in the students seeking services?)

How did counseling services operate during the pandemic?

Were students seeking counseling during the pandemic?

How did Queens College response to meeting student needs after the pandemic?

What services should students know about that are available to them now if anyone needs support?

How did CUNY respond to the pandemic?

How can students feel less apprehensive about seeking counseling services?

Why do you think some students are apprehensive about seeking mental health services?

1 thought on “Blueprint (Carlos)

1. Holden Velasco (he/him/his)

The issue with this is that the counselors we had were on borrowed time. I believe it was that the center only had two full-time counselors, with five counselors that left at the start of the Spring, or the end of it. I forgot which. I also think they won’t be able to divulge much information because of the Doctor-Patient Privilege. Instead I think you should move your focus to the students themselves and speaking to those who went to the center during the pandemic; of which I am one.

Reply