Blueprints, One-liners, Interview Questions and All the In-betweeners

Podcast Title: 2 Baddies 1 Mic

Blueprint: 2 Baddies 1 Mic is a podcast that focuses on the “kbands” of the South Korean music industry for South Korean music listeners who may not know the sub-category exists. Unlike kpop-related podcasts/blogs, etc., this project will shed some light on some of South Korea’s instrument players and give these bands the recognition they deserve.

One liner for series: 2 Baddies 1 Mic sheds light on some of South Korea’s “kbands” within the South Korean music industry.

Episode Title: “K-bands” in a Nutshell (not sure if I want to leave k-bands in the quotation marks or not so please leave suggestions!)

One liner for episode: In this episode, I talk with my best friend Emerson about their views on the “kbands” and how they play into South Korea’s music industry.

Interview Questions:

1. How did you get into kpop?
  2. How did you start getting into the band culture within Korean music?
  3. What bands do you know of/listen to these days?
  4. What do you like about the kbands vs. “mainstream” kpop groups?
  5. What do you think makes the bands stand out in contrast to the kpop groups who have a dance attached to their songs?
  6. Do you think the kbands are under-represented/underrated/under-appreciated in comparison to the groups? Why do you think that is?

My goal for this podcast is to expose the listeners to a category they didn’t think was possible within the South Korean music industry because of the globalization of select kpop groups. I, my interviewee, and a lot of other people within our circle listen to a lot of bands (within the South Korean music industry and outside of it) and we feel as though the kband community is small. This podcast will hopefully allow kpop listeners to dive into something different within the South Korean music industry, and perhaps allow people who dislike kpop to look into a different lens within the South Korean music industry.

3 thoughts on “Blueprints, One-liners, Interview Questions and All the In-betweeners

1. Angelina D’Orta (She/her/)

I love the name of your podcast! I think this is off to a great start, and I am excited to hear more about your creative process in class. As someone who has very little interest in the k-pop genre, this is not something I would usually listen to, but I think the idea of having two people just talking about it will make it much more interesting. I also think the exposure to a new genre of music may make me more interested in it, and I hope it’s the same for everyone who listens!

Reply
  2. Edwin (He/him//his/)

Hey Kristina I also like your title and it feels fresh and gives off the music related-feel. For a start it seems like you got the natural-aspect down pact already with your interviewee. And even though I don’t listen to K-pop my understanding of your podcast is that it would be focusing on ‘underground’ K-pop groups or am I wrong? Feel free to correct me in class. But the idea does seem cool and I would listen to it.

Reply
  3. Monica Sarduy (She/Her)

Kristina, LOVE the title it adds a fun element and really would grab my attention if I was scrolling through Sporitify trying to find one that would interest me. It is a very interesting concept, as many are misinformed about Kpop and the different genres and bands that can be found in it. I don’t know much about Kpop but I’m very interested!

Reply